If during the attempts to run the Xopero Agent interface, the following message appears: Unexpected error. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it., probably the port on which the application connects to the Xopero_backupagnet service has been blocked or is occupied.
The solution to this issue is to change the default port to another one. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to the list of services and stop the Xopero_backupagent service.
- Go to the directory where the application has been installed (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xopero), and then open the configuration file: Opero.Client.ClientApplication.exe.config ( recommend to use the free tool Notepad ++).
- Find the section: appSettings and change the value for RemotingPort to the port number that want to assign to the application, e.g. <add key="RemotingPort" value = "9001"/>. If the parameter: RemotingPort is missing, add it.
- Also define the same value in the file: Opero.Client.ClientService.exe.config.
- After saving changes to the configuration files, start the Xopero_backupagent service and try run the Agent interface again.