Once your account has been created you will have to go through a few steps. The following manual will guide you through the process of preparing an account and creating the first backup:
1. After registration in Xopero Cloud you will receive activation email. Click the activation link in the email you will receive or copy and paste into web browser.
2. You will be redirected to the Xopero Cloud website, where you have to set up a password for the account.
3. After password set up, you will be able to log in.
4. During first login you have to choose the encryption key:
- Default - will be generated automatically and stored in a database on Xopero Cloud servers.
- Custom - provides higher security of your data than the default key, is known only by the user, is not stored on the Xopero Cloud servers, therefore the user duty is to properly secure. In case of loss user key the data sent to servers Xopero Cloud are impossible to recover.
All files sent by Xopero Cloud application are encrypted on the client side by the AES 256 algorithm. User can choose one of two keys, which will be used to encrypt the data.
5. After selecting the encryption key, a dialog window, which lets you download the application will be displayed. Applications for download are also available in the Download applications tab.
You should download Agent application - marked as Windows in Download applications tab.
6. After downloading and installing the application, log in using the previously entered credentials.
7. Go to My backup sets tab and choose New backup set option.
8. Define backup:
- Enter the name of the project,
- Select the type of project (default is local data),
- If you select local data, indicate what you want to backup,
- Set a schedule,
- Save the project.
9. If you have set a schedule, the project will start automatically at the appointed time, if not, you have to start it manually - select the checkbox next to the project, then click on the Start now option.