To import a virtual machine, open the Virtualization Station and go to the tab Import & Export. Then choose from available import option From NAS and click Browse.
Window will be displayed,in which you have to indicate the location of the exported machine and choose file having the extension *.vmx and click OK. If necessary, you can check the location of the machine with the application Management Center, by going to edit an export task.
After selection the machine localization you have to go to the next window, including choose the button Next.
In next step you have to define parameters of the virtual machine. Available form field:
- Name - enter name of the virtual machine.
- Location - select target location, which will be saved to the machine.
- Create Sub-Folder - this is an additional option, enables you to create a subfolder for the location.
- Core - select amount of processor cores CPU.
- Memory - you have to allocate memory (RAM).
- OS type - select the type of system virtual machine.
- Description - field with a description of the machine is not required.
Advanced settings (optional):
- Network - here you can configure the network adapter of virtual machine (ie. a dedicated network), generating a MAC address and selecting the model network interface controller.
- Hard disk - here you can configure mode cache and the hard disk controller.
- IDE CD/DVD ROM - here you can add a virtual CD / DVD ROM.
After completing the form, select the button Import.
Here were started importing machine to Virtualization Station.
When the progress bar of machine reaches 100%, button VM Console will appear, capable of running the imported machines.
The virtual machine will be launched in a new browser window.