While converting a Windows 7 .raw file, it is necessary to set the IDE disk controller for this machine in VirtualBox, by default, the SATA controller is selected. Otherwise Blue Screen will be displayed.
Creating a VMDK file from the selected disk image will allow you to run it in VirtualBox or as a VMware machine and also allows you to add a disk to an existing machine.
--image-path=<PATH> - path to the image file from which to create the vmdk file.
--vmdk-path=<PATH> - path to the VMDK file, if not specified, the file will be saved in the same place as the image,
--adapter-type=<ADAPTER> - the type of disk adapter. By default it is IDE,
--help - shows help,
--show-params - shows used parameters with their values.
1. Restore the physical machine as a virtual machine in VirtualBox or VMware:
- at first you need to make a HDD Image backup,
- restore it from the client application or Management Center,
- use the Xopero Image Tool and create VMDK file,
- add a machine in VirtualBox or VMware, which will be used to create the VMDK file.
2. Transfer the machine from another virtualizer to VirtualBox or VMware: