1. How to upload a file with the license? Is before upload license must uninstall trial version?
To upload a file with a license you have to login to Xopero Control Panel on your QNAP and go to Licence tab, then click Select Xopero license file with *.lic extension field. Next, in displayed window you have to choose file with license and click Upgrade button. There is no need to delete trial version, just upload a license.
2. Why I can't upload a file with the license?
In this case, most common cause of the problem is that the purchase license includes e.g. 10 endpoints and 1 server devices, and the client has assigned 3 server appliances on trial license. To resolve this problem you have to delete assigned excess devices by Management Center.
The other case can be that during purchase the customer has provided incorrect S/N.
3. How to reset admin password?
4. How to assign a host to the user if there is a problem with performing this operation from the Management Center?
You must log in to client application from the device to QNAP/server.
5. Where have I to install client application to perform a virtual machines backup?
To perform a Hyper-V backup you must install the client application on the computer where is the host virtual machines. In case VMware backup the agent can be installed on any hosts located on the same network as the server running VMware.
6. How to configure SMTP server to receive a reported e-mail?
To configure the SMTP server you must provide the SMTP server address to which will send e-mail reports and the port used by the server (e.g. Gmail - address: smtp.gmail.com, port: 25, 465, 587). Then enter login and password to mail account and select TLS encryption.
7. How to reduce the usage of computer resources during backup?
Options to reduce the use of the resources in client application are available in the Settings in Performance tab, in which you can set bandwidth limits, constraints and performance. In case of Management Center you can configure the same option by going to Devices tab and clicking right mouse button on selected host, then from list select Device Settings and next Performance.
8. Why are sent to the server 20 files if the project included the 120?
If the project was done properly, ie. without warnings and errors, this means that since the last performance of the project, only 20 files have been changes.
9. What is it caused by an error "Authentication with old password no longer supported, use 4.1 style passwords", during create MySQL backup project.
The problem is the lack of support for the MySQL passwords of the old type. The sites https://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/old-password-authentication.html is shown information that support for old password type was excluded because it is a less secure form login. A proposal of the solution to the problem is to create a new MySQL user account for the purpose of backup or move to a new type of authentication while keeping the old account.
10. Is a good practice to create one user for one device?
This is dependent on you. The most transparent option is to create a one user account for one device. However, if by one user is assigned more than one device, each of the hosts can restore files from all devices assigned to the account.
11. Is it possible to recover files by the Management Center? How to do this?
- -Xms<size> set initial Java heap size
- -Xmx<size> set maximum Java heap size
- -Xss<size> set java thread stack size
Maximum memory size for 32-bit JVM is 4GB, so to increase the memory you need to use the 64-bit version of the JVM, e.g. java -Xmx6144M -d64. Flag -d64 is needed to running JVM in 64-bit mode.
21. Can I do a backup the entire physical machine with Windows Server 2012 R2 on which it is installed Active Directory? If so, it will also be possible to make a backup installed on the controller MS SQL database.
Performing backup the entire physical machine is possible with backups VHD and System State - there is advanced backup option. Instruction how to perform both backups as well as restore their copies is contained in the link: SystemState/VHD backup.
MS SQL database backup can be performed using advanced backup option. You can find instruction how to do this backup in that link: MSSQL backup.
22. How does restoring backup System State/VHD and MS SQL?
In order to restore the System State backup, enable the Windows Server Backup function, in the Actions pane, you need to click Recover to open the Recovery Wizard.
In order to restore MSSQL backup read the instruction: MS SQL.
23. YOU SHOULD NOT REMOVE ANY DATA FROM STORAGE DIRECTORY!
However, if this happens, you should change the retention setting in projects to 1, that the next implementation of the project sent full dump files. Otherwise, if the deleted directory was a full dump and the in the storage remained only increases, this backup will not be recoverable.
24. What can block start the service Opero All In One? (XBR)
Devart dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional application can block start the service. After uninstallation this application you must restart the computer and then start the service Opero All In One.
25. How are files deleted?
After delete files by the user in the application, they are marked in the database as marked for deletion. After 24 hours from the removal of the files by the user, the Cleanup Manager is run and deletes files from the storage. You can check the cleanup operation for Xopero Backup&Restore in Task Scheduler, there should find Xopero Cleanuptask and see the result of the last run - (0x0) means that operation performed by the cleanup was successful and if there is (0x1) means that cleanup operation resulted an error.
26. "User 'SYSTEM; has previously initiated an install for product 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7'. That user will need to run that install again before they can use that product. Your current install will now continiue".
If receive this message when you try to start the Management Center, download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool, so that it can detect and fix the malfunction. We also recommend that you update your system.