Data storage is a logical unit that defines the storage location backed up data. Storage can consist of one or more paths (location) each path within a storage, it is the path for data replication and does not increase the storage capacity. Xopero system works with any type of storage, it can be a single directory on disk as well as NAS or large disk arrays. It is required that the magazine was available to the system by the UNC path.
In case of the configuration using multiple instances of the server, the file system must support the competitive record.
To create and manage data storage is used Management Center.
Login to Management Center application
To start configuration the data storage run Management Center application.
If in your network is more than one Xopero server, select the appropriate from list. Then enter authenticate the main user of the system and click Login. After a successful login, select Dashboard from the list of shortcuts.
Then from the main application window, from the menu in the upper right corner, select Settings and then Storage Manager.
Configuring a storage
The configuration window storage contains a list of currently defined magazines available for the system Xopero and a range of additional information. Here you can also check how busy each of the storage.
To define a new storage, click on the icon to Add new storage. This will open the configuration window.
This window contains both information fields and fields to specify the configuration parameters of the new magazine:
- Description - Description makes it easier to identify the creation magazine.
- Capacity – Defines the size of the new storage in GB. This value should be equal to or less than the actual size of the space in a dedicated location.
- Cluster size - Defines the size of the cluster disc (discs) on which is defined magazine. In most cases this will be the default value.
- Priority – Defines the priority of the creation storage. During the process of sending data in the first place, they are stored in storages with a high priority.
- UNC path – It is local or network path which points to location where you want to store data.
- Additional UNC path (replication) – It is local or network path which points to the place where you want to replicate the data stored in the first location. The size of the space available for additional location should be equal to or greater as in the case of the primary site.
|Additional path does not increase the capacity storage.
The operation proper recording ends when the correct record on all the identified locations.
How does the Xopero data storage work?
The data store is a logical definition of the place where backed up data are stored. Each unit can consist of one or several tracks, they are also in different locations.
If any of the storage paths becomes unavailable, the system will not allow the recording of data in the storage data, however, still be possible, however, to read this storage.
If the entire storage becomes unavailable due to failure or problems with the connection, the system will ignore it until the problem will be solved.