The storage configuration window contains a list of currently defined magazines available for the system Xopero and a range of additional information. Here you can also check how busy each of the storage.
To define a new storage, click on the icon to Add new storage. This will open the configuration window.
This window contains both information fields and fields to specify the configuration parameters of the new sotrage:
- Description - Description makes it easier to identify the creation magazine.
- Capacity – Defines the size of the new storage in GB. This value should be equal to or less than the actual size of the space in a dedicated location.
- Cluster size - Defines the size of the cluster disc (discs) on which is defined magazine. In most cases this will be the default value.
- Priority – Defines the priority of the creation storage. During the process of sending data in the first place, they are stored in storages with a high priority.
- Local path – It is local path which points to location where you want to store data.
- Additional path (redundancy)- additional directory enables data replication, which is parallel recording in several locations, thus user data security is increased. Setting the replication option is particularly recommended if you have on your server network drive, two separate hard drives that do not use RAID function. If one drive fails, then it is possible to recover data from a second location.
Cleaning the storage
User data, which has been backed up are physically stored on the hard disk, until they are being removed by a storage cleaning tool. Only the data that has been deleted by the user in the Xopero client application are subject to removal by the mentioned tool.
The Storage cleanup is launched automatically every 24 hours, however by using the options included in the Storage Manager, it is possible to manually run this feature.
The Storage cleanup option is highly overloading the drive, so it is best to run it at the time of the lowest usage.