Previous article shows you how to go to the following view.
The storage configuration window contains a list of currently defined storages available for the system Xopero and a range of additional information. You can also check here, how busy is each of the storages.
To define a new storage, click on the icon to Add new storage. This will open the configuration window.
This window contains both information fields and fields to specify the configuration parameters of the new sotrage:
- Description - Description makes it easier to identify storage.
- Capacity – Defines the size of the new storage in GB. This value should be equal to or less than the actual size of the space in a dedicated location.
- Cluster size - Defines the size of the cluster disc (discs), on which defined magazine is. In most cases this will be the default value.
- Priority – Defines the priority of the storage. In first place data will be send to the storage with highest priority.
- Local path – It is local path, which points to location, where you want to store data.
- Additional path (redundancy)- additional directory enables data replication, which is parallel recording in several locations, thus user data security is increased. Setting the replication option is particularly recommended, if you have on your server network drive, two separate hard drives that do not use RAID function. If one drive fails, then it is possible to recover data from a second location.