The configuration window storage contains a list of currently defined magazines available for the system Xopero and a range of additional information. Here you can also check how busy each of the storage.
To define a new storage, click on the icon to Add new storage. This will open the configuration window.
This window contains both information fields and fields to specify the configuration parameters of the new storage:
- Description – a text information about the storage, which is displayed in the Management Centerapplication and the Control Panel,
- Storage mode – two modes of data storage have been emphasized: automatic, where the size of the volume is adjusted automatically, depending on the available space, and manual, where the user himself defines the size of the data storage,
- Capacity - defines how much data can be placed in storage,
- Cluster size - should be set only if you know the physical size of the disk cluster. Otherwise, you should leave the default value,
- Priority – the order of the storages where data will be saved, it is determined according to the priority. As first, a storage with the highest priority among the available will be chosen,
- Used space – is displayed only when editing a storage. For a newly created storage, the amount of used space is 0 MB,
- Shared folder – directory name on QNAP network drive,
- Additional shared folder (replication)- additional shared folders enable data replication, which is parallel recording in several locations, thus user data security is increased. Setting the replication option is particularly recommended if you have on your QNAP network drive, two separate hard drives that do not use RAID function. If one drive fails, then it is possible to recover data from a second location.
To create a folder on the device data store QNAP, use the Add option.
Enter the name of the shared folder and select the disk volume on which it has to be created. After completing the form, select the Create option. In total, you can add up to four shared folders, including one primary and three in the context of data replication. After the procedure, select Save option. Added magazine appears in the list.