To create the Firebird database backup set you need to open Xopero and run the Backup set wizard by clicking on New backup set button in My backup sets tab.
In the Backup set wizard mark Advanced copy and select Firebird from dropdown list. Don’t forget to define the backup set name.
In the Firebird section, parameters needed to connect with the database:
- Direct backup database file – if you select this option, a direct backup database file will be made - without the database server. Using this option requires entering path to a database file,
- Port – a port that the database is listening on. This field is inactive, when direct backup database file is selected,
- User – a Firebird user with proper rights,
- Password – a password for above user,
- Database name – name of the database that will be backed up. If direct backup database file option is checked, this field's name is changed to Path to database file, where you need to eneter full path to that file.
When all the fields are filled, you should click Test connection, which will start the automatic connection with the database test as well as it will verify the credentials. If any error is displayed, you should verify all the fields and restart the test. You also need to define location in field Temporary directory where the database dump will be stored for the time of backup. By clicking Save you will create a new backup set.