Through the Management Center application you are able create new projects, as well as editing and deleting existing ones. Existing projects can be remotely started or stopped, if one of them is currently being performed. In order to view the list of projects on a given device, from where it is possible to manage them, please right-click on the selected device, and then select List of backupsets.
Displaying the list of projects is only possible for devices which have Remote management enabled and have been synchronized with the Management Center application.
The List if backupsets consists of the following fields:
- Backupset name - the project name defined by the user,
- Number of files - the number of files, which so far have been sent within a chosen project,
- Next backup - the date of the next backup performed in accordance with the schedule,
- Last backup - the date of the last performed backup project,
- Status - the current status of the project,
- Version limit: - a limit of versions set for the selected backup project,
- Changed files - the number of files that have been modified between the two previous backups,
- Changed data - the size of the data that have been modified between the last two backups,
- Sent files - the number of files, which were sent during the last backup,
- Sent data - the size of data that were sent during the last backup,
- Errors – the number of errors that occurred during the last performed backup,
- Warnings - the number of warnings that occurred during the last performed backup,
- Edit - this column contains a button that allows to edit the project.
Creating and editing a project
To create a new project for a given device, go to the List of backupsets, and then click the Add backupseticon, which is displayed in the screenshot below.
After you click window select the type of project appears.
After clicking, a window for project edition will be displayed, the same as the add the project to the template window, but in this case there is no template Backupset name.
If the selected device is at the given time active, it is possible to remotely select a path intended for backup, that is to indicate the path directly on the device. To do this, click on the Remote button.
The particular fields of the new project wizard are described in the Project templates chapter.
After setting all the parameters of the project, in order to save it, click the Save button in the lower right corner of the screen.
You can also edit an existing project. To do that, click the More button in the Edit column. for a chosen project from the project list.
When you click the aforementioned button, the project edition window will appear, which will contain the settings for a selected project. They can be freely altered except for Backupset name and Type of copyfields. After making the modifications, click the Save button in the lower right corner of the displayed window.
To remove an existing project, click the Delete button located in the upper right corner of the List of backup sets.
After you create or edit a project, the client application must synchronize the introduced changes. This process takes up to 30 seconds. If after this time, the status in the upper right corner of the Project list will not change to Synchronized, you need to refresh the list of projects.
Performing and stopping backups
By using the Management Center application it is possible to manually start and stop backups on users' computers. To do this, go to the project list, and then find the project you want to run or stop.
In order to launch the project, make sure that its status is Not running, and click on the Start button.
Performing a Running project can be stopped at any time. To do this, simply tick a chosen project and click on the Stop icon.
After you stop or start the project, the client application must synchronize the introduced changes. This process takes up to 30 seconds. If after this time, the status in the upper right corner of the Project list will not change to Synchronized, you need to refresh the list of projects.