After first logging into the Xopero system, the tree of groups and users contains only the default group, named admin.
To create a user account, click the Add user button, which has been highlighted in the screenshot above.
Then an Add user window will appear, where you must define authorization data, as well as configure additional settings:
- Choose Account type - available account types are Endpoint and additionally, depending on the purchased license version, Server. The Endpoint account allows you to backup local data and the MS Outlook mailbox, while the Server account extends these capabilities with Advanced copies and the ability to install a client application on Windows Server systems.
- Assign to group - defines the group to which you want to assign the user account. You can later change the group to which the account has been assigned.
- Locked account – defines, whether the created account should be blocked. If this happens, the user will not be able to log into the client application, but his account in the system will still exist. The account may be unblocked at any time.
- Encryption key type – it allows you to choose the encryption key (default or custom encryption key) for the newly created account. In case of choosing the Custom encryption key and adding the account, a request for typing in a series of minimum 6 signs will appear.
- Assign device – describes, whether after creating an account an active device should be assigned to it (only with the Windows application installed). More information on this topic is included in the Assigning new device chapter.
After filling in all the fields in the form, click the Add user button, which will create a new customer account with defined parameters.
The user account will be displayed in the groups and users tree and it will be assigned to an earlier indicated group.