For each project the user has the possibility to define the advanced options. Depending on the chosen type of data to backup, some of the options might be inactive. In order to set the advanced options for the project you have to enter the Advanced tab in the Backupset wizard.
The Advanced tab is divided into 5 fields. In the Additional section the following options can be turned on or off:
- Use Volume Shadow Copy - this option marked by default, it defines that Volume Shadow Copy mechanism is to be used during backup creation. This option allows to create backups of opened files,
- Include hidden files - this option defines whether files with attribute Hidden are to be included in the backup,
- Backupset is active - if this option is turned on, the backupset will be performed according to the schedule, if off, the user still has an option to manually turn it on,
- Shutdown computer when finished - after creating a backup, a 5-minute-long reminder will be displayed during which the user has the option to cancel the automatic shutdown,
- Delete backupset - this button appears only after the first save of the newly created backupset, it deletes the project, not files stored on the server.
The File filter field allows the user to choose which files are to be excluded (Without selected files), or included in the backup (Only given files). This option is available for backupsets of Local data and Network drives.
The Folder filter allows you to exclude given paths and catalogs, which were declared before in the Basic information section.
The next field in the Advanced tab is Privileges, where the user can provide a Windows user name and password, so that the application will be working on conditions set by this user during backup creation. This function is applied when you want to create backup of files for which you need additional authorization. In the User name and Password fields, you have to enter the Windows system user information, of whose data backup is to be performed.
By default the Xopero service works on authorization of a local Windows system service.
The last section in this tab are the Advanced settings. These settings allow to disable compression and encryption, as well as to set the version limit for a backupset and the frequency of full backup. Additionally, the user can choose the type of deduplication:
- Automatic - data deduplication will take place automatically, using the most advantageous method,
- None - data deduplication will be disabled, data will each time be sent in its full version,
- Binary Delta - Incremental - ny changes in files that are subject to backup since the last full backup will be sent,
- Binary Delta - Differential - any changes in files that are subject to backup since any last performed backup, will be sent.