An application that allows you to comprehensively manage and monitor backups performed on all devices that are assigned to your Xopero Cloud account. It allows you to remotely configure client applications, create new resellers, customers, users, and manage XoperoCloud service.
Key features of the application:
- Creating resellers, customers, and users,
- Xopero system monitoring,
- Remote creation and launch of backup projects,
- Restore data from any device,
- Create project templates that can be uploaded to client applications,
To install Management Center, download it from the Xopero Cloud Reseller Panel.
To log into the Management Center, you must have a client or reseller account in Xopero Cloud system. You can log in using the login and password. The Xopero Cloud server address is: admin.operobackup.com
When you log into the Management Center application, you will see the basic features of the program:
- Dashboard – clicking on the button takes us directly to the view of system performance statistics,
- Devices – when this option is selected, the list of devices on which the client application is installed is displayed. These devices must be linked to user accounts,
- Users logs – possibility to view user logs,
- Add template – moves to the project template creation window,
- Add user – selecting this button will display the client creation window,
- Download agent – this option launches the download of the client application.
|The following window appears only when logged on reseller account. Customers logging in to the Management Center will be redirected to the Backup Manager window immediately.|
By default, the first view that we should see is Dashboard.
The graph below shows the backup information for the last 30 days of all users and clients assigned to the reseller and reseller resellers.
If you have not yet made one backup, the application does not display any data here.
When you click on the user name you will be presented with a graph showing the status of backups performed by the specified user.
Adding new reseller account
To create a reseller account, click the Add reseller button that is selected in the screenshot below.
The Add Reseller window will appear, where you need to define authorization data, and specify additional settings:
- Parent – the reseller under which the newly created user will be subject.
- Account lockout – specifies whether to create a blocked account. If this happens, you will not be able to log in to the Management Center, but your account will still exist. At any time, your account can be unlocked.
Adding new client account
To create a client account, click the Add Customer button that was selected in the screenshot below.
Next, you will see the Add New Customer window, where you need to define authorization data, and specify additional settings:
- Reseller – specifies the user's parent, the reseller account that will be able to manage the new user account
- Active – specifies whether the account is to be activated automatically when creating, whether the user has to confirm the activation of the account via email.
- Account lockout – defines, whether the created account should be blocked. If this happens, the user will not be able to log into the client application, but his account in the system will still exist. The account may be unblocked at any time.
- Duration – specifies the duration of the license for the selected product.
- Billing data – client / company information and the currency in which the license will be paid. In this form you can also enter a discount code.
After completing all the form fields, click Add, which will create a new client account with the specified parameters.
The user account will be displayed at users tree and will be assigned to the previously indicated reseller.
The list of devices in the Management Center application displays all the devices on which the Client application, from which the user at least once logged into his account, has been installed. The devices are assigned to user accounts.
|Multiple users can log into their user accounts from a single computer. In this case, the same device will be assigned to each of them.|
The screenshot above shows a list of devices of the users in the Management Center application. It can be arranged according to several schemes, using the Order entries by. It can be sorted alphabetically, from A to Z or from Z to A, by the username. The second option is default sorting by the date of account creation. At the top of the list the user device is situated, for which the account has been created as the last one.
You can find the following information in the device table:
- User - login (name) of the user,
- Device – the user's device name,
- Remote management - information about whether the device can be controlled remotely using the Management Center application,
- Total size of backed up files - the total size of files that have been sent from the device as backup,
- Backed up files - the number of files,
- Last action - type of the last performed action on a given device,
- Last action date - the date of the last performed action,
- Active session – marks the users who have performed any action in the client application, during the past 30 minutes,
- Backup in progress? - Information about whether a backup is performed currently,
- Restoring files? - information about whether the files from the device are currently being restored by the Management Center application,
- Backups status - the status of the last five made backups.
|There is also a possibility to remove a device. Just click on the selected device with the right mouse button, and an options bar will be displayed. One of these options is the removal of the device - Delete device. A device can only be deleted when it is inactive.|
|Removing a device results in deleting all data sent by it from the Xopero server.|
|The reminding options - Backup sessions, List of backupsets, Add backupsets template, Device settings, Device details, Restore data are described in the following sections of the user manual.|
Remote backups management
The Management Center allows you to remotely manage user backups as well as their projects.
A project template is a set of projects which can be sent to any device user. Each project in the template must have indicated data for backup and a name given. You can also configure additional settings, such as schedule or advanced options. Backup projects are described in detail in the Xopero User manual. You can edit the project after sending it to a chosen device.
|Please note that, the device to which a template will be sent, needs to have existing indicated data, otherwise, execution of the project will end with an error.|
The Manage backup templates option is launched by clicking on the button highlighted in the screenshot above. A list of created templates will be displayed, and below a list of projects included in a chosen template.
In order to create a project template, press the Add backupsets template button, and in order to remove, mark a chosen template and click Remove selected template.
After clicking on Add backupsets template a Creating new backup template window will appear, in which you also have to specify the name of the template. Further backup configuration is related to a backup project which will be included in the created template.
Currently it is only possible to create local data backup projects. For each of the created projects, the user can define its name, set up a schedule, or choose the data he wants to backup.
In case of project templates, after choosing the Local option, the catalog paths from our computer will be displayed. If we do not want to use this option, we can type in a chosen path in the text field, and click Add
Another possibility is to employ pre-defined paths, which can be used on different operating systems. They refer to fixed system catalogs. Choosing this option is possible after clicking the Predefined button, and choosing an operating system (Windows XP or later).
In addition, it is possible to apply filters to a created project, applied to: files and folders, Windows permission settings according to which the project will be created, and the following advanced options:
- Without encryption - files included in the project will be sent to the Cloud unencrypted,
- Without compression - the files will not be compressed before delivery,
- File copies stored for: - specifying the number of versions created for a single file in the project. An alternative option is to specify the number of days to retain the backup version.
- Backup type - allows you to specify how the files should be sent, whether they are to be sent in a differential or incremental way, and which method will be used during this process.
After completing the configuration of the first backup within the template and the template name, you can save it by clicking the Save button, which is located in the lower right corner of the Create new backup template window.
Each template can consist of any number of projects created by the user. In order add a new project to the template, click on the button highlighted in the screenshot above.
After clicking on it, a window appears, the same as while creating a template, except that the name of the template is already defined, and editing it becomes impossible.
Sending a template to a client application
Sending a template to the client application is possible via the Devices tab, which can be accessed by clicking on the button marked in the screenshot below.
Next, you need to find the device to which you want to send a template on the list. By selecting a user, or a group from the tree on the left side of the application, we can view only the devices, which are assigned to the position chosen by us, for example, the devices of only one user.
|There is a possibility of sending a template to multiple devices at the same time. To do this, select multiple devices from the device list by holding down the CTRL key.|
|Project templates can be sent only to devices which have remote management enabled, and are currently synchronized.|
After selecting the devices to which you want to send a template, click the right mouse button on one of them and select Add backupsets template from the context menu, and finally select a desired template.
Clicking on the name of a template causes to send the template to specified devices, except situations the projects from the template already exist on your computer.
Through the Management Center application you are able create new projects, as well as editing and deleting existing ones. Existing projects can be remotely started or stopped, if one of them is currently being performed. In order to view the list of projects on a given device, from where it is possible to manage them, please right-click on the selected device, and then select List of backupsets.
|Displaying the list of projects is only possible for devices which have Remote management enabled and have been synchronized with the Management Center application.|
The List if backup set consists of the following fields:
- Backup set name - the project name defined by the user,
- Next backup - the date of the next backup performed in accordance with the schedule,
- Last backup - the date of the last performed backup project,
- State - the current status of the project,
- Retention - a limit of versions set for the selected backup project,
- Last status - status of last backup performance,
- In progress - shows if backup is currently in progress,
- Backup set type - type of defined backup set,
- Edit - this column contains a button that allows to edit the project.
Create and edit a project
To create a new project for a given device, go to the List of backupsets, and then click the Add backupset icon, which is displayed in the screenshot below.
After you click window select the type of project appears.
After clicking, a window for project edition will be displayed, the same as the add the project to the template window, but in this case there is no template Backupset name.
|If the selected device is at the given time active, it is possible to remotely select a path intended for backup, that is to indicate the path directly on the device. To do this, click on the Remote button.|
The particular fields of the new project wizard are described in the Project templates chapter.
After setting all the parameters of the project, in order to save it, click the Save button in the lower right corner of the screen.
You can also edit an existing project. To do that, click the More button in the Edit column. for a chosen project from the project list.
When you click the aforementioned button, the project edition window will appear, which will contain the settings for a selected project. They can be freely altered except for Backupset name and Type of copy fields. After making the modifications, click the Save button in the lower right corner of the displayed window.
|To remove an existing project, click the Delete button located in the upper right corner of the List of backup sets.|
|After you create or edit a project, the client application must synchronize the introduced changes. This process takes up to 30 seconds. If after this time, the status in the upper right corner of the Project list will not change to Synchronized, you need to refresh the list of projects.|
Performing and stopping backups
By using the Management Center application it is possible to manually start and stop backups on users' computers. To do this, go to the project list, and then find the project you want to run or stop.
In order to launch the project, make sure that its status is Not running, and click on the Start button.
Performing a Running project can be stopped at any time. To do this, simply tick a chosen project and click on the Stop icon.
|After you stop or start the project, the client application must synchronize the introduced changes. This process takes up to 30 seconds. If after this time, the status in the upper right corner of the Project list will not change to Synchronized, you need to refresh the list of projects.|
While being in the Backup sessions window you can stop the currently performed project by clicking the Stop () button.
The Management Center allows administrators to restore data sent by its users as backup. Files can be restored to the administrator’s or user’s computer.
|Data can be restored to the user's computer when the device has the Remote management option enabled and is Active.|
In order to run the Data restore Wizard, you must go to the Devices tab, and then find a device on the list from which you want the data to be restored. After you right-click on a given device, a context menu will be displayed, from which you need to select Restore data.
The screen will display the Restore data window, which contains a list of files uploaded by the user as a backup.
|If there are many files on the user’s account, loading the window may take a while. This process is indicated by a progress bar.|
The administrator has the ability to filter the File in view of the project from which they were sent, or the latest version from or before the selected date.
After selecting the files you want to restore, click the Download button. This will display the Restore data details window, where you can specify the device (the administrator’s or client’s computer), on which they are to be downloaded, as well as the location of the restored files. Additionally, you can specify the action that is to be taken by the application, in case when in the selected location there is a file with the same name as the restored one.
After configuring the settings of the restored data location, click OK to begin the restoration process.
|If the user whose data are restored, uses a personal encryption key, the application will ask to enter it. If the key is unknown for the user, downloading files will be impossible|
Restoring file versions
Management Center application allows administrators to restore data version (following screen) uploaded by their users as a backup. Files can be restored to administrator computer or user computer.
|Data can be restored to your computer when the device is active and has enabled Remote Management.|
Client application logs are available by clicking on the Users logs button, which has been marked in the screenshot below.
Application errors are marked in red. Warnings in yellow, and actions performed correctly in green.
Above the list of logs filters are located, by which you can specify which logs are to be displayed. The available filters are: type of action, type of logs (error, warning, information) and the date from which you want them to be viewed.
|If the type of the log has a gray background, it means that this type of logs are not currently displayed on the list.|
After selecting a desired account from the tree on the left side of the window, the device filter will be activated, which is by default set to All. If you clear the selection button, by clicking on the device list, you can choose the ones that interests you, and then click on Filter. Only selected logs will be displayed.
When you click on Details… in the log table, the application will display detailed information about a particular event. If the Show details column field is empty, this means that the log details are not available.
Remote device performance setting
Client applications installed on users' computers may have set bandwidth limits as well as the number of cores, which they can use during backup. In order to set the limits of the device on which the application is installed, go to the Devices tab, and click the right mouse button on a given device, and select Device settings. From the menu, which will be expanded, you are able to select the Efficency option.
The Administrator, who uses the Management Center application has the ability to access detailed information about the user's device and the client application installed on it.
To view the details, go to the Devices tab, and then right-click on the selected device and choose the Device details option.
In the appearing window you will find the information about the selected device and user account to which it is assigned.
Log off device
In the Management Center application, the administrator can log out the device assigned to the user. For this purpose, go to the Device tab and right-click on the chosen device, subsequently press the Device settings option and then Log out.
The Management Center also allows you to verify the license and their status for each client account.
Licenses consist of the following fields:
- Owner – the name of the customer to whom the license is assigned,
- Type - type of license(for example, trial version, full version),
- Status - specifies the status of the account(active, deleted, new),
- License capacity – specifies maximum size of all uploaded files, including briefcase.
- Devices – number of devices that can be assigned to the client and its users, defined by the assigned product.
- Users - The number of accounts that can be assigned to the license, the client account is counted as one, the next accounts are the users assigned to the client, the quantity is also defined by the product.
- Reseller – parent to which the customer is assigned,
- Duration – the term to which the license is valid,
- License version – the license version specifies access to the different types of backups.
- Product name – product name assigned to the customer,
In case of any problems with the application, go to the Dashboard window, choose from the Help tab, next Support and the Report error option. The Web page, where you can create an account on the system used for reporting bugs, will open. After creating an account and describing the problem, the system will present you the possibility to solve the problem. However, you may be asked to send the server logs and\ or application logs.
In case of a malfunctioning Client application of Xopero, the administrator has the ability to inform the software producer about the problems by e-mail or by using the bug reporting system.
If it is necessary to send the Client application logs, you should:
- On the list, find the device on which the problem occurred,
- Select the option Device settings,
- Use the option Send report.
After displaying this option, a request for additional information, necessary to report the problem, will appear.
|Delivery of the report or the client application logs should be performed only on the request of employees from the software support team.|
After clicking the Send button, the data will be sent to the software producer.
Glossary of terms
Project template – the project template is a set of backup projects. Each project may indicate other data and have unique features. The project template can be sent to any user device on which Allow remote management option is marked.
Backup project – a data set and the type of data which is to be the subject to backup. For each project, it is also possible to specify the frequency of performing it, as well as additional advanced options.
Active device - a device which has performed any action within the last 30 minutes. This may lead to the situation where the Management Center device will be marked as active, while in reality it was turned off for less than 30 minutes from performing the last action.
Host - the device on which the client application is installed and from which the user has, at least once logged into his account. During the first login, the device is being assigned to the user account.